Work that Network
Building a network can be exhausting, don’t know where to start? Before we get started on our tips, here’s what you need to prepare:
➔ Have a clear objective of what you want to achieve: new leads, contacts, or insights?
➔ Get ready for small talk. When in doubt, talk about the weather.
➔ Always follow up on initial contact but be mindful to not Spam.
➔ Be patient. Don’t get discouraged if someone doesn’t respond quickly.
Take a look at our recruiter’s top 3 ways to network:
Keep an eye on websites such as Linkedin, Eventbrite and Meetup to find:
– Job Fairs
– Alumni groups
– Cultural Events
2. Linkedin Messages
Make use of the most popular professional networking platform:
– Introduction: Keep it short and simple.
– Write 2-3 sentences explaining why you two should connect and an invite to chat further.
– InMails: these are more effective as you add a title (in bold).
3. Slack communities
– Create new connections, grow partnerships, exchange experiences and expertise.
– Make sure to be part of the conversation and participate regularly.